Southern Company Analyst, Sr Customer Care in Atlanta, Georgia
Analyst, Sr Customer Care
The purpose of this position is to support the operation of all the Retail Energy segment’s customer service vendors’ multiple call center sites in support of multiple levels and types of customer contacts. The incumbent will monitor, evaluate and oversee vendor functions, vendor response to functions, and support of continuous improvement of customer service.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities by Competency
• Participate and represent customer care operation on multiple process improvement and system development projects including idea conception, requirements gathering, implementation and monitoring of results.
• Support customer service on behalf of the Retail Energy segment through multiple outsource providers operating in multiple locations.
• Provide analytical support on evaluating the Company’s enrollment, customer service, billing, remittance processing and back office operations and develop and maintain benchmarks for its vendors
• Gather and analyze data from multiple sources (including all CIS systems, daily call center statistics, customer satisfaction results and customer and employee feedback channels) in order to identify and quantify concerns in a consolidated and concise manner.
• Develop and review metrics to evaluate vendors’ performance.
• Ensure that vendors’ operations effectively support the retail business segment’s goals and objectives.
• Maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements and changes across all jurisdictions.
• Work with internal stakeholders to research and resolve issues with vendor service delivery.
• Coordinate with Marketing and Pricing teams to develop campaigns and segmentation strategies that are attractive to profitable customers.
• Coordinate communication and activities with SSE departments and call center operations to ensure vendor operations will support SSE goals and objectives.
• Be the voice of the vendor within the Retail Energy segment. Be the voice of the Retail Energy Segment within the vendors’ organizations.
• Oversee and coordinate call forecasting and workforce planning activities with SSE business owners and vendors.
• Foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to form and/or maintain successful partnerships.
• Conduct vendor site visits to ensure relationships are cultivated and maintained.
• Display strong customer service skills to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
• Ensure that all service levels are maintained, schedules are met and reporting is accurate.
• Ensure that operations are compliant with business rules, regulatory requirements (including state and federal rules) and the retail business segment’s Terms and Conditions of Service
• Monitor call quality, including adherence with scripting, and provide feedback to all internal stakeholders.
• Ensure that Retail Energy segment’s policies, objectives and initiatives are satisfactorily implemented with vendors.
• Develop customer resolution strategies in response to concerns raised by customers or the operation. Develop and implement training, job aids and CSR scripting as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience:
• 5 years of customer service/call center operations experience
• Past experience organizing, interpreting, and making recommendations based on data trends and analysis
• Experience with call center management including training, quality assurance, ACD data management and workforce planning
• Previous experience in a retail energy industry
• Previous experience overseeing an outsourced call center relationship
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
• Strong understanding of call center operations and management.
• Strong relationship and vendor management skills.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Ability to conduct trending and analysis to identify root causes and possible solutions.
• Computer literacy with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner with customers, co-workers and vendors.
• Strong organizational and problem resolution skills.
• Metrics creation, implementation, tracking and reporting for operational departments.
• Maintain professional knowledge by reviewing professional and industry publications and benchmarking best practices.
• Operational knowledge of the deregulated natural gas markets in multiple jurisdictions
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• 5%-20% travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights
• The incumbent works in an office environment
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: SouthStar Energy Services
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
SouthStar Energy Services - 817 W. Peachtree St., NW (817AtlantaCODE)
817 W. Peachtree St., NW
Req ID: GAS2001684