Southern Company Application Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
This position is responsible for the support and enhancement of the Power Delivery/Distribution outage management system, Oracle Network Management System (NMS) for Utilities and its associated software applications. The successful candidate will work in a team environment that includes other technology departments and business partners to identify and develop effective solutions to meet and exceed evolving business requirements.
Other duties will include:
· Subject matter expert for Oracle NMS – application, business process, data, workflow, reporting, etc.
· Performing systems and data analysis
· Document and deliver solutions
· Application monitoring and troubleshooting
· Heightened support efforts during critical situations and weather events
· Recommend and implement solutions to address business opportunities
· Work closely with the Distribution business unit to identify application enhancements to improve business processes
BS strongly preferred. Major in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical field preferred.
· Significant expertise required with Linux, Oracle and/or SQL Server databases, WebLogic, Java, etc. Associated suite of products: Reporting Services, Integration Services, etc.
· Power Delivery experience either directly or in a support role strongly desired
· Utility business knowledge and ability to build relationships with key personnel helpful
· Application development lifecycle experience desired
· Relevant experience working with n-tiered applications desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
· Must be able to manage production support and project related activities simultaneously
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to establish and maintain quality relationships with IT peers and management, vendors, and internal customer groups
· Excellent and flexible customer service skills
· Risk assessment/mitigation skills
· Strong commitment to project and peers
· Takes personal ownership of project and responsibilities
· Bright, Trustworthy, superior performer, and committed to success
· Candidate must be available for after hours on-call support. Some travel required.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Southern Company Services
Other Locations: Alabama-Mobile Area-Mobile, Alabama-South Alabama-Montgomery, Mississippi-Coastal Area-Gulfport, Alabama-Metro Birmingham/Eastern AL-Birmingham
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Georgia Power Headquarters - 241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE (241ATLANTA)
241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE
APC - Mobile Division Office - 150 Saint Joseph Street (150MOBILE)
150 Saint Joseph Street
Montgomery Business Center - 770 Washington Ave, Ste 430 (770MONTGOMERY)
770 Washington Ave, Ste 430
MPC Corporate Headquarters - 2992 West Beach Blvd (2992GULFPORT)
2992 West Beach Blvd
APC Corporate Headquarters - 600 North 18th Street (600BIRMINGHAM)
600 North 18th Street
Req ID: SCS2008185