Southern Company Office Assistant in Atlanta, Georgia
We are looking for a competent Office Assistant to help with the organization and running of the daily administrative operations of the company.
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure.
This person will be comfortable handling high volumes time sensitive tasks, working with a high degree of attention to detail, manager regulatory reporting and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES – MAJOR JOB OBJECTIVES
• Conducts thorough investigations and data gathering related to damage billing for processing and invoicing
• Supports various efforts related to data gathering
• Maintains billing information spreadsheets and databases.
• Proven organizational skills, detailed oriented and be a team player.
• Provides, comprehensive reception and phone coverage while maintaining a high level of professionalism
• Attends to a variety of administrative details such as reporting and forecasting of work queues.
• Identifies, develops, implements and interprets departmental process improvements.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work on several projects concurrently to exceed regulatory compliance.
• Experience with invoicing and reports any complaints or unusual circumstances that may arise promptly.
• Assists with other projects and department activities as needed.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minor details of a project or task.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• 2-4 years of proven experience as a back-office assistant, office assistant or in another relevant administrative role.
• Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem solving.
• 5 years of back-office computer systems experience (Peoplesoft Financial and SharePoint)
• 5 years of Microsoft Office and Excel experience.
• Exemplary communication (oral, written, & phone skills)
• Excellent organizational and time management procedures.
• Typing speed of 40wpm
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Gas Pipeline Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Southern Company Gas
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): No
Union Covered: No
AGLR Corporate Office - 10 Peachtree Place NE (10AtlantaCODE)
10 Peachtree Place NE
Req ID: GAS2002176