Southern Company Resource Management - Dispatcher in Atlanta, Georgia
Resource Management - Dispatcher
We are looking for a reliable Dispatcher to provide effective and efficient scheduling and routing of emergency and non-emergency work to field technicians. Provide excellent customer service with inbound customer inquiries as well as outbound follow-up calls. Responsible for creating and maintaining a positive customer experience while running an efficient operation providing best in class service. The Dispatcher is responsible for setting up the technician's workload assignments, monitoring those assignments, and supporting the Field Technicians and the Call Centers. Must be able to respond to inquiries quickly and accurately to best utilize resources.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitors emergency and non-emergency orders to ensure orders are routed and completed by the appointed time including emergency locates.
• Routes filler work to field service personnel by dispatching work orders via Mobile Data and/or Radio; by date and compliance deadline.
• Evaluates field service routes; provides optimized routes for various field service personnel; adjusts field service personnel allocations based on quantity and severity of workload, and availability of resources.
• Monitors field personnel efficiency throughout the day and makes recommendations to Resource Management Supervision based on findings.
• Assigns, dispatches, and tracks emergency orders to ensure compliance to standards.
• Gathers information for Pre-Notice of Incident (NOI) Reports; routes to Public Service Commission (PSC), Utility Protection Center (UPC), Community Affairs and Safety, Security & Corporate Compliance, STS).
• Assists Sr. Dispatcher during mass outages to obtain information and coordinate activities of field service personnel.
• Complete the 2pm route review to determine the need for overtime to complete remaining workload and report findings to the service center Point of Contact.
• Verifies completion of previous day's orders; investigates and takes action on incomplete orders.
• Assists field service personnel (e.g., checks account histories, meter status, premise conditions, appliance type and quantity, Meter Order Field Reading (MOFR), Shut Off for Non-Payment (SONP) orders, pending, why-noted orders).
• Assists Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) with Estimated Time of Arrivals (ETAs) and technical questions; interprets codes and clarifies field service personnel comments.
• Understand the basics fundamentals of Sentinel and the forecasting model.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Required BS/BA or Equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 6 months dispatching/scheduling experience
• MS Word, Excel - intermediate proficiency.
• MS Access, Outlook - basic proficiency.
• Operator Qualified in accordance with Company Plan.
• Problem Solving.
• Spanish – fluent.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Rotating shifts
• Holiday work
• Overtime work
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Gas Pipeline Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Atlanta Gas Light
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): No
Union Covered: No
AGLR Corporate Office - 10 Peachtree Place NE (10AtlantaCODE)
10 Peachtree Place NE
Req ID: GAS2003259