Southern Company Resource Management Planner in Atlanta, Georgia
Resource Management Planner
The RM Planner is viewed as a leadership role in the department. This individual is responsible for leadership support to the scheduling and dispatching teams as well as supervisory support as needed. This role is intended to include personal development for individuals demonstrating the appropriate leadership competencies to take on additional responsibility and increase their management capacity to a higher level. Training and coaching of employees is part of the development process for these individuals and they are engaged in various aspects of the scheduling and dispatching operations. The RM Planner is also required to have strong analytical and data management skills to be able to provide logical alternatives and solutions in a dynamic resource and workload environment. The RM Planner must efficiently utilize the support of others to gain the necessary information needed to develop and provide viable solutions. A global and more strategic outlook is required when involved with the long-term planning processes as they apply to the forecasting and planning processes.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead monthly planning discussions with regional directors for strategic planning purposes.
• Track and report on major program work and ensure timely completion of all required work.
• Act as an engaged member in forecasting discussions to ensure resource and workload needs are inclusive of company objectives.
• Verify emergency and compliance work is managed in a timely manner.
• Take the lead on special projects and initiatives by obtaining data, performing required analytics, preparing viable recommendations and influencing others to support the recommendation.
• Test and troubleshoot system issues as well as new technology implementations to ensure critical functionality is available.
• Coordinate onsite activities for mass outage instances assisting to ensure an effective resource plan is in place.
• Assist supervisor with leadership responsibilities from a developmental perspective to prepare the individual for future leadership roles.
• Provide after hours duty supervisor support for the RM area.
• Able to manage multiple markets within the enterprise.
• Perform the responsibilities of the (Sr.) Scheduler and (Sr.) Dispatcher roles when necessary.
• Prepares reports, analysis, and documentation needed by the organization to support its operating systems and develop plans and analyzes both potential problems and opportunities for enhancing operations and maximize profitability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Required BS/BA or 4 years equivalent work experience.
• 1.5 years dispatching/scheduling experience with a Field Operations focus.
• MS Word, Excel - intermediate proficiency
• MS Access, Outlook - basic proficiency
• Strong Leadership Competencies
• Problem Solving
• Decision Making
• DOT Qualification
• Spanish - fluent
AGLR Success Factors
• Driving for Results
• Functional Expertise
• Business Acumen
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Rotating shifts, Night, weekend, and holiday work
• Overtime work
• Must sit for long periods of time
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Gas Pipeline Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Atlanta Gas Light
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): No
Union Covered: No
AGLR Corporate Office - 10 Peachtree Place NE (10AtlantaCODE)
10 Peachtree Place NE
Req ID: GAS2002737