Southern Company Senior Marketing Strategist in Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Marketing Strategist
The Senior Marketing Strategist position is responsible for providing strategic marketing direction and execution. The job requires project management as well as researching, analyzing and synthesizing complex data from multiple sources into comprehensive marketing recommendations and plans in the areas of acquisition, retention, customer experience, product development and other niche programs and projects as assigned. Individual will periodically serve as business owner to lead and manage system enhancement projects for the Marketing department. These responsibilities support the Marketing department with a focus on fulfilling corporate profitability and market share goals.
The successful individual is detailed, a clear communicator, has the ability to work successfully with multiple departments – internal and external, understands technology (front-end applications, communications, databases, etc) and business processes.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or IT with a proven Project Management history
Related Work Experience:
• 5 years in marketing/business/IT role as a Project Manager
• Thorough understanding of traditional and non-traditional marketing and research principles.
• Proven success in participating with cross-functional teams
• Ability to think strategically and proactively, anticipate future marketing trends, and interpret meanings and implications.
• Ability to interpret data and provide marketing recommendations to Marketing Manager/Director.
• Proven success of developing new ideas and marketing strategies.
• Ability to plan, execute, and measure marketing programs.
• Ability to develop quantitative metrics to track campaign/program performance and assess profitability.
• Ability to manage and complete multiple high priority projects and activities with strict time sensitive deadlines.
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
• Strong operational project management experience.
• Combination of strong analytical and communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff, vendors, and alliance partners.
• Comprehend business process, start to finish, and how they impact there applicable departments
• Attention to detail
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Minimal travel required (<5% travel): Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
• Will be working in an office environment
• Physical requirements minimal
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: SouthStar Energy Services
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
SouthStar Energy Services - 817 W. Peachtree St., NW (817AtlantaCODE)
817 W. Peachtree St., NW
Req ID: GAS2001856