Southern Company OR Coordinator - Plant Hatch in Baxley, Georgia
OR Coordinator - Plant Hatch
If you want to make an impact, then we want YOU!
Want to use your skills to make a difference in your community every single day? Then join the Southern Nuclear team that’s improving the lives of our neighbors in Alabama and Georgia. We operate six units for Alabama Power and Georgia Power that generate vital energy for our communities:
• The Joseph M. Farley Nuclear Plant near Dothan, Ala.
• The Edwin I. Hatch Nuclear Plant near Baxley, Ga.
• The Alvin W. Vogtle Electric Generating Plant near Waynesboro, Ga.
We’re also building the future of energy with two new nuclear units currently under construction at Plant Vogtle. And we’re leading the charge on the research and development of the next generation of nuclear reactors – all for the benefit of our customers.
Thanks to our people, we’ve earned our place as an energy leader. If YOU want to want make a positive impact in your community and be part of the team that’s taking our industry to new levels of excellence, then we want YOU!
ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS COORDINATOR - Plant Hatch
The Organizational Effectiveness (OR) Coordinators are responsible for detecting early signs of performance decline by providing oversight of site compliance, implementation, and results of site and fleet improvement and organizational effectiveness programs. This position is responsible for supporting senior leadership roles in governance and oversight and provides technical advice to the Site Organizational Effectiveness Manager, Corporate Organizational Effectiveness Manager, or Corporate Organizational Effectiveness Director. This position will be actively engaged with their peer group across the fleet to ensure the consistency of fleet learning and improvement programs. This position will be their site’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) in areas such as Key Performance Indicators, INPO Consolidating Data Entry system (CDE), Operational Experience (OE), INPO Consolidated Event System (ICES), Benchmarking, Observation programs, Excellence Planning, Management Review and Challenge processes, and assessments. The ideal candidate is experienced with and competent in performing continuous assessment activities, intervention, and evaluation of team, leadership, and organizational effectiveness to sustain and improve organizational performance.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
• Minimum of eight (8) years of Nuclear Experience or a Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of Nuclear Experience
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
• Subject matter expert (SME) in Learning Programs to Prevent, Detect, and Correct performance declines such as self-assessments, benchmarking, Nuclear Safety Culture evaluation, Corrective Action Program, Observation / Coaching programs, Trending, INPO Consolidated Data Entry, and INPO ICES reporting.
• Previous experience in Self-Assessment Program, Benchmarking Program, Corrective Action Program, Nuclear Safety Culture Program and Trending Program is highly desired
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to teach/communicate to a diverse population
• Demonstrated ability to model the “Traits of a healthy nuclear safety culture” and “Leadership and Teamwork Attributes”
• Demonstrated ability to properly establish priorities
• Ability to use analytical and intuitive thinking processes and approaches in problem solving
• Ability to solve problems and make sound technical judgments, based on experience and proper application of industry practices
• Excellent interpersonal, consulting, and facilitative skills and ability to work well with others
• High degree of comfort and confidence in interacting with leaders at all levels of the organization
• Requires strong ownership skills, proactive traits, and good client relations and interpersonal skills
• Must demonstrate courage to intervene and challenge leaders when performance does not meet standards or desired outcomes are not being achieved
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide governance, technical oversight, and SME expertise for Organizational Effectiveness and Learning Programs
• Foster values of preventing, detecting, and correcting gaps in individual and leadership behaviors
• Implement assessment strategies to identify teamwork, leadership, and organizational behavior gaps
• Partner with Human Resources to identify gaps in expected leadership and teamwork behaviors and recommend development plans and leadership learning programs
• Provide functional area oversight for fleet initiatives and programs
• Identify and resolve program gaps
• Promote the use of performance improvement tools and resources
• Support and perform the identification and problem prevention through Operating Experience
• Work with SNC peers to achieve fleet wide excellence in OR Programs
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with counterparts at each plant to improve OR Programs and to achieve fleet wide excellence in performance.
• Hold an oversight role in the Prevent, Detect, Correct (PDC) initiatives across the Fleet
• Provide oversight of site and functional area Excellence Plans to ensure high quality analysis and effective gap closure actions
• Analyze Observation program results and provide oversight of leadership and teamwork gaps and behavioral shortfalls
• Provide oversight of ICES reporting, CDE and Key Performance Indicator reporting, and use of Industry and Fleet Operating Experience.
• Observe selected crew, departmental, and site MRMs to evaluate organizational effectiveness and provide leadership coaching on gaps and missed opportunities
• Assist the site in preparation for INPO evaluations, NSRB assessments, and corporate challenge meetings
• Participate in industry working groups as needed
This position will be assigned to a position within the Emergency Response Organization (ERO). Assignment requires response to the station when an emergency is declared and is considered to be a condition of continued employment. The ability to arrive at the station to perform ERO responsibilities within 60 minutes of notification of an emergency is required.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Power Plant Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Central Georgia-Baxley
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Plant Hatch - 11028 Hatch Parkway, North (11028BAXLEY)
11028 Hatch Parkway, North
Req ID: SNC2005187