Southern Company Business Analyst - Shared Services Support in Birmingham, Alabama
Business Analyst - Shared Services Support
This position will provide day to day functional testing and integration support for a defined list of assigned applications / processes including but not limited to Maximo, Oracle, and Third-Party Supply Chain applications used by all Southern Company subsidiaries. This position will perform and support the execution, monitoring and testing of associated key financial controls and conduct and support audit activities. To fulfill these job duties will require coordination with the Technology Organization Center of Excellence teams, other SSS support teams, and the end user community.
Job Experience and Education
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, IT, Accounting or related discipline
• Minimum of 2 years serving in an application support role
• Minimum of 2 years with application financial controls related to change management
• Minimum of 2 years in the performance of technology production processes including, functional testing and interface support for Enterprise Solutions supported applications including Maximo, Oracle and/or other Third-Party applications
• Performance of controls execution; technology related controls
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Working knowledge of Maximo to perform application functional and quality testing
• Knowledge and management of systems controls
• Data management skills and proven working use of SQL through Southern Company supported tools, e.g. TOAD, SQL Developer, etc.
• Strong requirements review, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Application testing script development and performance of testing
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
• Familiarity with Supply Chain business processes
• Familiarity with Accounting Finance and Treasury financial application systems and processes
• High degree of initiative and personal responsibility “ownership” for assignments
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with a team, build superior customer relationships, mentor others, and collaborate with interfacing support teams e.g. Technology Organization, Controls teams, etc.
• Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize workload
• Candidate must demonstrate behaviors consistent with the company culture – Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance and Total Commitment
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Application testing and interface balancing for designated applications
o Serving as a Maximo Supply Chain application(s) functional analyst and as a key partner with the TO Center of Excellence organization for Enterprise Solutions application changes and associated technology projects
o Developing, reviewing, and approving application test scripts due to new functionality or current functionality changes
o Testing key financial and expenditure controls as required.
o Ensuring all integration issues for ES applications are managed and resolved timely
• Business Assurance testing for Enterprise Solutions Applications
• Performing assigned key expenditure controls including Labor Rate Contract and testing assigned financial controls
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at http://www.southerncompany.com/ .
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Accounting & Auditing
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Southern Company Services
Other Locations: Alabama-Metro Birmingham/Eastern AL-Birmingham
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): No
Georgia Power Headquarters - 241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE (241ATLANTA)
241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE
The Energy Center - 3535 Colonnade Parkway (3535Birmingham)
3535 Colonnade Parkway
Req ID: SCS2007736