Contracts Agent- Any SNC Location
Contracts Agent- Any SNC Location
Contracts Agent- Any SNC location
There are three positions available.
This position will provide daily contracting and sourcing support (request for proposal, negotiations, contract development, risk mitigation, tracking, analysis) to meet SNC’s sourcing and procurement needs for services, equipment, and materials. This position will also work closely with our category managers and provide transactional support for category management strategies.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Law, Finance, or Engineering preferred
· Formal education in contract language or supply chain management is highly preferred
· Experience in procurement or contracts preferred
· Maximo and GEP experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills
· Contract law and drafting
· Legal and commercial negotiations
· Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
· Customer focused with ability to build and maintain relationships with internal customers, suppliers, contractors and other key stakeholders
· Effectively handle tight deadlines, large workloads, and multiple projects with positive enthusiasm
· Superior written and oral communication, to successfully negotiate contract terms and write such contracts in a clear, logical and concise manner
· Excellent organizational skills are required to plan and manage assigned workload and customer expectations effectively to meet internal business unit requirements
· Ability to think strategically and apply broad seasoned judgment to decisions
· Analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills
· Ability to effectively work and participate in cross-functional and cross-company teams at all levels in the organization
· Ability to understand and interpret Technical Specifications and Scopes of Work.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Duties will include the daily support of all sourcing & contracting activities "from cradle to grave," including advising customers on Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) preparation, lead pre-bid meetings, review of offers upon receipt from bidders, cost & price analysis, negotiations, risk assessment, preparing contract documents and agreements; assists in contract administration, incorporation of changes, expediting & follow-up, disposition of claims, and contract closeout.
· Expectations include outstanding oral and written communications with ability to excel in high- level communications with Management at multiple levels
· Ensure compliance with SNC and SCM procedures and goals.
· Ensure departmental compliance with all policies and guidelines.
· Serve in on-call duty rotation for SNC SCM contracts team.
· Develop the sourcing strategy for low to high-risk services and major equipment purchases in support of the operation and maintenance of the nuclear plants.
· Manage relationships with the company’s vendors and ensure efficient and transparent contracting and negotiation process to reduce costs, improve commercial terms and reduce duplication of efforts.
· Work cross functionally to improve and streamline processes.
· Ensure that overall risk is properly controlled and mitigated.
· Develop a detailed knowledge of the Southern Company and Operating Company procurement policies/procedures and have the capability to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
· Expected to build and maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of essential legal provisions, contract common law, contract formation issues, remedies, liquidated damages, litigation avoidance, and dispute resolution.
· Ensure all required terms and conditions are included in procurement documents and work with legal, risk management and financial services (accounting) to resolve contractor exceptions and issues in a timely manner.
· Ability or potential to draft contract language, including special conditions for complex, non-standard purchases.
· Review Scopes of Work and Technical Specifications with ability to provide feedback when necessary.
· Identify and evaluate new sources of supply, domestic and globally, when necessary to meet customer needs, including performing market research and analysis.
· Ability to build and maintain a fundamental to proficient knowledge of our contracting systems utilized in daily support.
· Be adept at conflict resolution and display the ability to engage and fix identified issues in a timely manner.
· Maintain the primary interface with contractors in an ethical and respectful manner while protecting the company's interests.
· Available to travel (occasionally) as needed which may require an overnight stay
· Must demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Southern Company's Our Values of safety first, intentional inclusion, acting with trust, and superior performance
· Customer focused
· Strong work ethic
· Exhibits a strong sense of urgency
· Promotes teamwork
· Practices ethical behavior
· Displays creativity, initiative, and flexibility
· Learns from and utilizes experience
Job Field: Supply Chain
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Alabama-Metro Birmingham/Eastern AL-Birmingham
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Other Locations: Georgia-East Georgia-Waynesboro, Georgia-Central Georgia-Baxley, Alabama-South Alabama-Columbia
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to…): Yes, 25 % of the Time
The Energy Center - 3535 Colonnade Parkway (3535Birmingham)
3535 Colonnade Parkway
Plant Vogtle - 7821 River Road (7821WAYNESBORO)
7821 River Road
Plant Hatch - 11028 Hatch Parkway, North (11028BAXLEY)
11028 Hatch Parkway, North
Plant Farley - 7388 North State Hwy 95 (7388COLUMBIA)
7388 North State Hwy 95
Plant Vogtle 3 & 4 - 7825 River Road (7825WAYNESBORO)
7825 River Road
Req ID: SNC2007331
Take a few minutes to create or modify your employment profile and to specify your preferred working criteria for future openings matching your interests.