Southern Company Warehouse Manager in Glen Ellyn, Illinois
The purpose of this position is to be accountable for warehouse, non-warehouse and depot Materials Management operations to ensure Service Center requirements are met. This role is responsible for defining and overseeing all related processes; developing and implementing planning and material handling strategies and procedures for all stock and non-stock material; inventory control; and other logistical operations across the company’s business units. This position may also coordinate and oversee the day-to-day operations of the company’s 3rd Party Integrator. Additionally, this role is responsible for managing a team of people who plan and manage inventory requirements for particular regions and/or locations.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES BY COMPETENCY
• Responsible for leading the supply chain materials and field improvements team, including planning of all Service Center and depot requirements.
• Accountable for managing warehouse and non-warehouse inventory planning and fulfillment.
• Advises Business Technology experts and external vendors on inventory management practices and goals.
• Develops and maintains ERP Materials Management System (PSMMS).
• Supervises inventory control functions (e.g., Cycle Count Inventory) and may perform monthly closing activities for warehouses and field personnel vehicles as required.
• Oversees disposition of excess and obsolete materials.
• Develop with Supply Chain material forecasting and usage plan. Communicate and assess supplier’s ability to provide appropriate service – develop alternative solutions if necessary.
• Oversee project pipe purchase and inventory (steel pipe) and coordinate distribution, documentation and release to contractor locations to include surplus and scrap.
• Maintain emergency material and work with MT&S in regards to new technology or product for emergency response.
• Analyzes and anticipates business changes to implement inventory control best practices and upgrade products while minimizing costs.
• Creates templates for tracking and analyzing costs and making redistribution decisions to ensure project profitability.
• Collaborates with third party material integrator and contractors; works closely with Buyers and Service Centers to define service levels of third party integrator or contractors.
• Researches new product and pilot’s new material in the field.
• Duties include management of operating budgets.
• Provides customers (e.g. Field operations personnel, Project Coordinators, and pipeline contractors) with pipeline infrastructure materials and associated documentation.
• Supports internal and external customers to achieve best practices and material standardization.
• Creates Materials Management periodic newsletter to communicate changes, writes specification sheets, and delivers training as required.
• Develop and maintain an on going relationship with other business unit partners and our contractors. Attend various business units’ departmental meetings and provide service/value to their needs.
• Provides various reports to customers (e.g. Field operations personnel, Project Coordinators, and pipeline contractors); as well as, Plant Accounting. (Usage, Financials, Project Estimates, Lead Times, etc.)
• Communicate material/supplier issues or concerns regarding inventory in a timely manner to allow for alternatives or adjustments in work plan.
• Evaluates existing suppliers on performance and quality (e.g., materials, services).
• Develop Warehouse Supervisor and Analyst roles to improve service and performance through skill and competency improvement.
• Develops and oversees all corporate inventory, construction and maintenance inventory.
• Defines inventory levels for third party integrator, Service Centers, and depots.
• Monitors service levels; coordinates material planning with company and contractor personnel.
• Accountable for ensuring that departmental performance meets stakeholder expectations and requirements, evaluating results and taking corrective action as needed.
• Monitors department performance against key performance indicators, budgets, goals and expectations; and manages performance gaps and/or trends.
• Model and foster a culture of Safety throughout logistics and distribution.
• BA/BS or Commensurate Experience.
• BA/BS - Professional procurement or supply chain certification (C.P.M., CPSM, CPPB, and/or CPPO).
Related Work Experience:
• 3 years Business and/or Materials Management.
• 5 years experience in Materials Management in energy industry.
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
• MS Excel – advanced proficiency
• MS Word – intermediate proficiency
• MS PowerPoint – basic proficiency
• MS Access - intermediate proficiency
• Organization skills
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• PeopleSoft PSMMS or ERP Module/System –- advanced proficiency
• Advanced proficiency of (PeopleSoft PSMMS).
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
A. Travel Requirements
a. Occasional Traveler (25% travel): The incumbent will be required to travel on occasion. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
B. Physical Demands
a. Prolonged Standing or walking. This position frequently requires prolonged standing or walking.
b. Reaching above shoulder-level. This position frequently requires the incumbent to reach above shoulder-level.
c. Bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling. This position frequently requires the incumbent to bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
C. Weight Lifting Requirement
a. This position requires the ability to lift 10-25 pounds.
D. Work Environment
a. The incumbent works in a warehouse environment.
b. The incumbent may/will be exposed to varying outdoor weather conditions
c. The incumbent may/will be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, or chemicals.
d. The incumbent may/will work near or with moving mechanical parts.
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Gas Pipeline Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Illinois-Metro Chicago-Glen Ellyn
Operating Company: Nicor Gas
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Glen Ellyn - 90 N Finley Rd. (90GlenEllynCODE)
90 N Finley Rd.
Glen Ellyn, 60137
Req ID: GAS2001949