Southern Company Integrity Manager in Naperville, Illinois
Integrity Manager, Reservoir Engineering, is accountable for managing Southern Company Gas’s Storage Integrity Management Program (SIMP). This is accomplished through detailed monitoring, analysis and prudent evaluation of existing reservoir, well, and related asset records and physical attributes for all 13 Nicor and Pivotal UGS assets based on codes, standards, and practices established by PHMSA, DOGGR, IDNR, LDNR, TRC, the Company, and Industry. As the assets are assessed, the Manager orchestrates and directs subsequent actions, as necessary, including performing additional projects to establish compliance with regulations. The role requires significant coordination with Reservoir Engineering and Storage Operations as well as intense documentation.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES BY COMPETENCY
• Direct engineering staff, contractors, and representatives from applicable functional areas
• to meet the scope of SIMP.
• Oversee, develop and approve technical procedures, projects, and engineering designs, by interacting with staff and performing quality reviews to ensure designs meet PHMSA, State, and
• Company standards.
• Ensure the establishment and organization of detailed historical and new records pertaining
• to storage system integrity.
• Track projects from concept through construction and be accountable for budget variances.
• Expert knowledge of API BP 1171 and API BP 1170 and compliance related activities required to meet them.
• Develop, monitor, and continuously update Integrity Management Plans and associated Risk Models.
• Utilize data such as well work over history, corrosion log data, reservoir analysis, and provide direction to the team to determine operational risks on the system and ways to mitigate those risks to optimize safety, reliability and efficient system operations.
• Substantial knowledge of reservoir engineering and production operations.
• Identifies and facilitates the development of procedures and processes associated with API BP 1171 and API BP 1170 and the SIMPs.
• Collaborates with operations leaders throughout Southern Company Gas and Pivotal to communicate compliance metrics and performance drivers.
• Provides direction and serves as a subject matter expert for SIMP.
• Consistently engages with reservoir engineering staff and storage operations staff on integrity related topics.
• Communicates and directs external parties associated with the execution of the SIMP and Risk Models.
• Coordinate the initial engineering analysis, modeling, design, and costing of subsurface remedial work related to integrity compliance.
• Represent SCG and engage with industry associations such as AGA, SGA, and SMRI.
• Utilizes internal and external resources to achieve desired results for development and execution of SIMPs.
• Identify project risks and develop means to mitigate risks.
• Develop detailed and quantifiable goals and scorecards for continuous SIMP improvements.
• BA/BS in Engineering
• BA/BS in Petroleum or Geological Engineering
• Masters/PhD in Engineering
• Project Management Professional Certification
Related Work Experience:
• 8 years progressive experience in Gas Operations, Underground Storage Engineering and Operations, Engineering, and Management with at least five years of experience supervising employees.
• Demonstrated knowledge of pipeline and underground storage safety policies, procedures, codes and standards.
• Experience in compliance and gas storage system operations.
• 5 years underground storage engineering and operations, reservoir/production engineering in aquifer, depleted, and salt carvern storage environments.
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
• Proven successes in project development; good management skills.
• Ability to adhere to tasks and deliver an unbiased view of projects.
• Strong financial modeling skills and related experience.
• Strongly motivated, with exceptional communication (oral and written), leadership and diplomatic skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet aggressive deadlines.
• Reservoir/production engineering knowledge in aquifer, depleted, and salt carvern storage environments.
• Experience with gas storage applications such as Petrel, Avocet, WellView, NeuroLog, etc.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment.
• Ability to work extended hours.
• Occasional Traveler (10 – 20% Travel).
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Illinois-Metro Chicago-Naperville
Operating Company: Nicor Gas
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
G O Naperville - 1844 W Ferry Rd. (1844NapervilleCODE)
1844 W Ferry Rd.
Req ID: GAS2002171