Southern Company Specialist, Energy Efficiency Program Data Analytics in Naperville, Illinois
Specialist, Energy Efficiency Program Data Analytics
About Nicor Gas
Nicor Gas is one of seven natural gas distribution companies of Southern Company Gas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Southern Company Gas (NYSE: SO). Nicor Gas serves more than 2.1 million customers in a service territory that encompasses most of the northern third of Illinois, excluding the city of Chicago. For more information, visit www.nicorgas.com at http://www.nicorgas.com/ .
This position is responsible for the analytical research and analysis necessary to develop and support new analytic solutions within Energy Efficiency. The job will involve working with program implementation, marketing, planning and evaluation staff to define questions and communicate and implement new initiatives; working with databases to extract the data; and analyzing the data to answer the questions.
This position receives direction and has decision making authority associated with manipulation and analysis of data, and provide meaningful insights and answer operational questions having completed those analysis. Opportunities to self-direct analytical exploration into new areas is expected to take place and be presented as this analytical work is completed.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Data Analytics and Research
• Gathers, extracts, manipulates, analyzes and models data using analytical and statistical methods to assist with current and future planning decisions and programs.
• Identifies new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis and reporting.
• Researches and recommends new opportunities and appropriate market segments to target; analyzes data to measure the effectiveness of the energy efficiency program, measures and marketing campaigns.
• Conducts research, evaluation and analysis of relevant databases to find consistencies in energy usage that can be used to develop new programs, market new or existing programs and provide leads for the implementation and marketing teams.
• Performs analyses and prepares forecasts and recommendations in the areas of product preferences, coverage, market penetration, market practices and participation trends.
• Conducts detailed quantitative analyses of consumer databases and external data sources and develops data driven insight into customer’s behaviors, preferences and patterns.
• Create and maintain planning, cost effectiveness and measure calculation tools
• Exhibit strong written and verbal skills.
Communication and Project Management
• Effectively communicates findings/recommendations with peers and senior management regarding analysis of data.
• Support departmental projects with project management skills.
• Able to work independently with multiple department members and external resources to define tasks and prioritize deliverable deadlines.
• Requires willingness to enhance the overall productivity of the department by performing a wide variety of support tasks.
BA or BS in Marketing, Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Environmental Studies or a related field.
Preferred: 5 years Business Intelligence Analytics or Data ETL experience.
Related experience in energy industry related analytical work.
OR any combination of education and work experience which permits the candidate to meet position work requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Special Skills: MS Access, MS Excel, Statistical Analysis, Database management, SQL, VBA or equivalent.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Illinois-Metro Chicago-Naperville
Operating Company: Nicor Gas
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
G O Naperville - 1844 W Ferry Rd. (1844NapervilleCODE)
1844 W Ferry Rd.
Req ID: GAS2001168