Southern Company Specialist, Quality Assurance in Naperville, Illinois
Specialist, Quality Assurance
The purpose of this position is to contribute to customer satisfaction, retention, and growth by ensuring quality service is consistently delivered in customer interactions. The position is responsible for ensuring all customer experience agents understand and are trained on delivering positive customer service to achieve First Contact Resolution through multiple channels i.e. phone, emails, and written communications. The incumbent will provide direct feedback and coaching from observations to agents and work closely with Customer Experience supervisors to achieve desired results. This role requires an in-depth knowledge of customer experience procedures to ensure agents are performing tasks and contact handling in accordance with established procedures, guidelines, and best practices. The position will monitor, evaluate and implement improvements to the quality of inbound and outbound customer experience contacts, and/or emails at the Customer Care Centers for Southern Company and Nicor Gas and support Training initiatives through development, facilitation, and evaluation of training courses and curriculum. The incumbent must comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances; maintaining regulatory and industry relationships; and trending key performance indicators and both internal and regulatory service levels. This role will support the Customer Experience in its functions as a service provider for Nicor Gas.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities by Competency
• Monitor and evaluate verbal and written communications as well as system functions prepare evaluation forms
• Assess performance to identify employee skill gaps; deliver feedback and performance coaching
• Identify and periodically deliver training based on group performance issues to create “top quartile” contact center
• Ensure linkage between monitoring requirements and policy/procedural changes
• Conduct calibration sessions with Leadership Team to ensure consistency in evaluations
• Deliver new employee Quality training
• Document training and coaching delivery, attendance, and skill test scores; evaluate results provide feedback to leadership as appropriate
• Coordinate with business partners on recommended courses and training
• Document VOC findings through monitoring activities and implement actions to engage business partners to effect process change or enhancements
• Coordinate documentation (e.g., quality, training, system changes, processes, procedures) review and edit documentation to ensure uniformity, accuracy, and alignment with manual and technological systems
• Assist with development, design, and implementation of monitoring formats and quality standards
• Assist with Call Center Contingency Plan as needed
• Maintain regulatory compliance (intra-company and extra-company accountability)
• Analyze and identify gaps, redundancies; make appropriate recommendations
• Work with supervisors and business partners to assess key processes and incorporate system changes and enhancements
• Conducts motion studies as needed to analyze process or system defects
• Conduct regular audits and improve day to day performance through monitoring activities
• Identify, recommend, develop, and implement improvements to quality and VOC curriculum and assessments (e.g. content, methodologies, testing instruments, strategies); identifies quality trends, key successes, and matriculation
• Handle special projects for various business units/markets or corporate within Southern Company Gas
• Analyze and recommend process improvements to reduce complaints and improve customer service throughout the organization.
• Maintain working knowledge of all company products, services and promotions.
• Assist in training and coaching new employees
• Communicate results to Supervisors, enhance partnership with, and escalates skill gap issues as appropriate
• Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance
• Participate in morale building activities
• Manage peer relationships
• Accountable for meeting individual performance objectives
• Manage assigned workload, setting goals, prioritizing work, evaluating results and taking corrective action as needed.
• Must meet KPI targets on a consistent basis
• High School Diploma or GED
• BA/BS or 4-6 years experience in a call center environment analyzing processes and/or quality metrics
Related Work Experience:
• 2-3 years experience in a call center environment analyzing processes and/or quality metrics
• Advanced knowledge of CCC business processes and procedures, including exception processing
• Advanced knowledge of CCC business related systems (i.e. CC&B, CIS, CSS, etc.)
• 1-2 years experience in a call center environment delivering training
Equivalent academic education and experience
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
• Basic Proficiency - MS Word and Excel
• Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Presentation skills and training delivery
• Ability to motivate and develop non-direct reports and delivery constructive feedback in a non-accusatory manner
• Ability to identify skill gaps related to group or individual performance
• Ability to identify and analyze trends in order to provide solutions to training or performance requirements
• Ability to effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines and quota requirements
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Intermediate Proficiency - MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint
• Knowledge of adult learning principles
• Keyboard 40 WPM
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• 40% keyboarding
• Occasionally requires broad flexibility in work hours
• Routine travel between contact centers based on monthly workload
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Illinois-Metro Chicago-Naperville
Operating Company: Nicor Gas
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
G O Naperville - 1844 W Ferry Rd. (1844NapervilleCODE)
1844 W Ferry Rd.
Req ID: GAS2001139