Southern Company Gas Delivery Technician in Riverdale, Georgia
Gas Delivery Technician
The purpose of the Gas Delivery Technician is to up keep maintenance of buildings, structures and grounds located at LNG facilities requiring the use and operation of commercial equipment. Assists LNG Plant technicians in operational and maintenance activities. Performs assigned monthly preventive maintenance procedures. Maintains the cleanliness of facility equipment and performs corrosion prevention. Responsible for the proper documentation of preventive maintenance tasks. Assists in maintaining parts inventories.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adheres to all Company safety practices, works closely and effectively with other personnel and uses good judgment to ensure safe and efficient operations while striving to meet department goals and objectives.
• Must possess the ability to operate equipment such as lawn mower, weed eaters, tractors, backhoes and trenching equipment.
• Must possess the ability to perform basic plumbing, electrical maintenance and painting required to maintain facility buildings, equipment and structures.
• Must have good interpersonal skills to work closely with others as well as alone and demonstrate the ability to follow verbal and written directions. Must possess good verbal communication skills resulting in the effective transfer of information.
• Performs non-technical preventive maintenance tasks and equipment calibrations such as facility security inspections and gas monitoring device inspections.
• Responsible for performing daily maintenance on all buildings and equipment supported by the LNG facilities, making good decisions with minimal supervision.
• Responsible for performing grounds maintenance including mowing, weeding, trimming, seeding and cultivating.
• Cleans, scrapes, paints and washes buildings, piping, tanks and equipment as directed.
• Picks up and disposes of all refuse and debris ensuring concrete surfaces are kept free of dirt, oil and grease. Sweep and mop floors as necessary. Ensures equipment is kept free of grease, oil and dust.
• Assists the operator in daily and monthly inventory activities with the ability to perform basic inventory processes.
• Performs maintenance duties and any other tasks assigned by supervision.
• Performs portable vaporization duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED
• Basic technical knowledge
• Pass the company’s DOT physical examination
• Ability to work overtime on an as-needed basis
• Equivalent academic education and experience
• Possess the ability to comprehend and reliably perform all procedures from emergency and security manuals.
• Possess or be capable of learning basic computer skills.
• Capable of operating outdoor commercial equipment.
• Valid Driver’s License
AGLR Success Factors
• Executing for results
• Collaboration and Building Relationships
• Learning and Thinking
• Industry Knowledge / Business Acumen
• Honoring Corporate Values and Standards
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Must be in good physical condition, not intimidated by heights
• A good sense of smell, hearing and color proficiency
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Gas Pipeline Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Riverdale
Operating Company: Atlanta Gas Light
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Union Covered: No
Riverdale LNG - 7790 Hwy 85 (7790RiverdaleCODE)
7790 Hwy 85
Req ID: GAS2001677