Southern Company Engineering Representative - Vidalia, GA in Vidalia, Georgia
Engineering Representative - Vidalia, GA
ENGINEERING REPRESENTATIVE - Vidalia , GA
Georgia Power, a subsidiary of Southern Company, is currently seeking an Engineering Representative for the Macon Operating Headquarters in the Distribution Area.
Reports To: Distribution Supervisor
Primary Location: Vidalia Operating HQ - 406 E. Oxley Blvd, Vidalia
Candidate must currently live within a reasonable, daily commuting distance to the work location or be willing to immediately relocate to be within commuting distance. Relocation assistance may be available.
This position will be required to handle all of the day-to-day engineering work activities in an assigned area. Responsibilities include service design, estimating, and coordinating construction for multiple overhead and underground residential, new business and other construction projects. Candidate must provide superior customer service and be able to prepare and schedule construction of jobs to meet committed service dates. Candidate will write and execute switching orders to effectively maintain, operate, and assist in the distribution planning of the system for reliability. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for processing all documentation in accordance with Compliance requirements. Other duties will include handling customer inquiries (voltage complaints, claims, etc.) and assisting with Distribution compliance and asset management programs. Candidate will also participate in the on-call trouble supervision rotation and must be available after business hours for local, out-of-town, and out-of-state trouble and storm restoration.
Education and Experience for an Engineering Representative position :
• Preferred – Not Required
• 2-year accredited Technical Degree, OR
• 4-year accredited degree in a non-technical field, OR
• EUT Certificate
• Distribution and or related Engineering experience with a power utility company is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proficient with MS office products and other related engineering Software systems highly desired.
• Strong Technical Engineering Skills and understanding of Power Systems are highly desired
• Candidate should possess knowledge of general engineering and construction principles.
• Knowledge of electrical system operations, distribution systems, underground and overhead construction practices.
• Prior experience in writing and executing switching orders preferred.
• Ability to estimate, schedule, readmaps, ability to interpret and apply company written standards and policies
• Ability to prioritize and organize work to manage multiple projects and meet strict deadlines.
• Excellent project management skills that lead to desired results.
• Ability to work with customers and others as a team member.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and build positive relationships with customers, engineers, customer service, sales, corporate partners and line crew personnel.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Effective project management skills
• Good Attitude and Ability to provide excellent customer service both internally and externally
• Working knowledge of NESC.
• Must have valid driver’s license.
• Must have a safe work record and successfully follow safe work practices & policies for a Safety Excellence environment.
• Must demonstrate the "Our Values" behaviors: defined as Safety First, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance and Total Commitment.
• Pursue high standards for safety and customer service.
• Self-motivated and directed.
• Take personal responsibility for distribution projects and problems. Follow through on all aspects of assignments to ensure quality completion.
• Must be able to build positive relationships and work well with diverse groups, tailoring communication methods appropriately for customers, covered employees, supervision, and management.
• Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Georgia Power and Southern Company distribution construction practices, guidelines, and procedures.
To Apply: All candidates must submit an updated resume (preferably as an attached Word document) and complete a series of job related questions in order to be considered for this position.
Job Field: Engineering
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Central Georgia-Vidalia
Operating Company: Georgia Power Company
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Vidalia Operating HQ - 406 E. Oxley Blvd (406VIDALIA)
406 E. Oxley Blvd
Req ID: GPC2007701